Lessini Durello

Lessini Durello

The land is hilly and very varied, fairly rich in granular structure, slightly alkaline. The soils are of volcanic origin, with basalt tuffs. The climate is temperate, rather hot in summer and not too rigid in winter. On the whole it is mild. Lessini Durello DOC is obtained from at least 85% of Durella. Garganega, Trebbiano di Soave, Pinot bianco, Pinot Nero and Chardonnay may be used in combination or singly for the remaining 15% max.

The grapes

DURELLA
DURELLA
GRAPE: Medium sized, egg shape, thick and though (=duro) skin, green or golden yellow. CHARACTERISTICS: High acidity and minerality, the latter comes from volcanic soils that make it particularly suitable for sparkling wine.
Ca' Rugate Vineyards
We love our land , and she reciprocates.
The vineyards
Brenton

Brenton is a territory in the district of Roncà, n the heart of the hilly area in the DOC Lessini Durello.The altitude is 300 m on sloping land with due south exposure. It has been under Tessari management since 2008 and from 2009 onwards it has supplied the grapes for the production of Amedeo, classical method reserve, the highest expression in the field of sparkling wines in the Tessari house. The vineyard is planted with Durella and Garganega grapes.

WINE-GROWING CHARACTERISTICS

PLANTED SURFACE AREA: 2.50.00 ha
EXPOSURE: South
GRAPE VARIETY: Massale selection Durella and Garganega
BIODIVERSITY ON SITE: Natural woodland
ALTITUDE: 300 m.a.s.l.
ROWS ARRANGEMENT: Terraced
AVERAGE GRADIENT: 18%
IRRIGATION: no system used
AVERAGE N° VINES/HECTARE: 3,500
FERTILISER: Autumn organic
ESTIMATED YIELD / HECTARE: 9,000 kg
PLANTING PATTERN: 3 x 0.7 m
N° BUDS/VINE: 10 - 12
TREATMENT OF THE SOIL: total grass cover
YEAR OF FIRST PLANTING: 1989
PRUNING: Guyot, with single shoot
GROWING SYSTEM: Pergola, mono-lateral

The wines Lessini Durello

Climatic trends

Sun, rain, wind, every day has its weather and every year is different. Just as the essence of the grapes is different in every wine-harvest.
I cookie ci aiutano a fornire i nostri servizi. Utilizzando tali servizi, accetti l'utilizzo dei cookie da parte nostra. Info